Not sure where to stay during your next trip to Paris? Here is a list of the best holiday rental properties in Paris by arrondissement.
I’ve curated a list of the best apartments you can rent while in Paris. Each one makes an effort to offer visitors a truly memorable home-away-from-home experience with thoughtfully-designed spaces in ideal locations.
Whether you are travelling solo, as a couple, with friends or as a family – I’ve sourced options for the number of bedrooms and all budgets. The price per night cost is represented by € for your ease.
Have fun selecting the best holiday rental for you and your trip to Paris.
Map of Paris
The City of Light is divided into 20 Paris Arrondissements, known as districts of Paris. Each has its own town hall (Mairie) and mayor (Maire). The arrondissements of Paris are not to be confused with Parisian Quartiers or neighbourhoods.
If you look at the map, the 1st arrondissement is in the centre of the city. Then the other arrondissements form a spiral turning clockwise finishing in the 20th arrondissement. Many compare this layout of Paris to a snail shell. Simple isn’t it?
As you explore the city, an easy way to figure out which arrondissement you are in, look for a street sign affixed to the side of the building, there is one on every corner. It will tell you the name of the street and arrondissement.
Best Places to Stay by Arrondissement
1st ARRONDISSEMENT (1e) Lourvre
The first arrondissement is the best area for sightseeing. Sitting on the right bank, this area has the fewest number of residents in Paris, but the highest number of tourist attractions. There’s no denying that it’s one of the most beautiful areas of Paris. The elegant architecture of the Palais Royal and the Louvre, as well as, Jardin des Tuileries and Palais du Royal are the most popular attractions to see.
Best Holiday Apartments in 1st Arrondissement
- Romantic Cacoon – a quintessential Parisian-styled studio with a separate kitchenette oozing with charm, located steps from Tuileries Garden and Place de la Concorde €€
- Chez Vous – a cozy 1-bedroom with original floors and beamed ceiling close to Palais Royal €€
- My Mona Lisa – a light, bright 2-bedroom with gorgeous floor-to-ceiling windows Juliet balcony and modern furnishings located close to the Louvre €€€
- Lady Louvre – a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom modern interior with original features of chevron floors, beamed ceiling, and stone wall located near the Louvre museum €€€
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 1st arrondissement.
2nd ARRONDISSEMENT (2e) Bourse
The second arrondissement is the best area to explore secret passageways and pretty streets. Tucked away behind the 1st arrondissement sits the smallest arrondissement in Paris. This quaint area is full of history. From its covered passageways from the 1800s to rue Montorgueil is known as one of the last remaining streets to operate as a permanent market since the 12th century.
Best Holiday Apartments in 2nd Arrondissement
- Chic Pink – a pretty pink and white studio filled with light from the windows with a Juliet balcony located in the Vivienne neighbourhood €€
- Ivory Butterfly – a light and bright 1-bedroom scandi-modern styled apartment €
- Free as a Bird – a cozy 1-bedroom with a walkout to a tiny terrace close located in a quiet area €€
- Chocolatier – a gorgeous 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom home with a balcony that has all the classic original French details with mid-century furnishings €€€€
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 2nd arrondissement.
LE MARAIS IN 3RD & 4TH ARRONDISSEMENT
Le Marais, in the third and fourth arrondissements, is the best neighbourhood for old-world charm. The Marais is one of the most popular areas of Paris, both for locals and tourists. It’s an area of must-see streets, hidden courtyards, quaint gardens and a vibrant Jewish community. Lots of cafés, restaurants and a thriving arts community add to the draw to this part of Paris.
Best Holiday Apartment in Le Marais
- Chapeau – a cool minimalist studio in a 17th-century building in the heart of the Marais has an artsy vibe €
- Bonnard’s Place – a large 1-bedroom featuring a great mix of old and new stylings is located in a tiny Jewish area in the 4th arr €
- Beaming Green – an elegant 1-bedroom mezzanine studio in the 3rd arrondissement- a stylish apartment in a great location €€€ READ MORE: about my stay in this apartment
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 3rd and 4th arrondissements.
5th ARRONDISSEMENT (5e) Panthéon
The fifth arrondissement is the best area for lively nightlife. Known as the Latin Quarter, this area on the left bank is home to the Sorbonne university, founded in 1257, as well as several other schools and colleges. The Latin Quarter has a vibrant and bohemian vibe. Expect an eclectic mix of restaurants, shops, cafés, and bars. The botanic gardens of Jardin des Plantes and the domed Pantheon can be found here.
Best Holiday Apartments in 5th Arrondissement
- Chez Gertrude – a large 1-bedroom is full of bright colours and design choices €
- The Muse – a 1-bedroom in the Latin quarter features a spiral staircase to a bedroom in the mezzanine €€
- The Remedy – an open concept 1-bedroom on Boulevard de Saint-Germain has old-world Paris features with modern furnishings €€
- L’Art du Plaisir – a cozy 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom in La Sorbonne has a quintessential lived-in Parisian feel €€€
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 5th arrondissement.
6th ARRONDISSEMENT (6e) Luxembourg
The sixth arrondissement is known as one of the prettiest and quintessential areas of Paris. Often referred to as Saint Germain, a popular neighbourhood in the 6th, where you will find some of the city’s best historic cafés and restaurants. Boutique shops, the second oldest church, St-Germain-des-Prés, and the beautiful Luxembourg Garden are also the top sites to visit.
Best Holiday Apartments in 6th Arrondissement
- Dragon’s Nest – a bright 1-bedroom with a full modern kitchen and furnishings €€
- Voyage of the Beagle – a cozy 1-bedroom with bold modern furnishings in the heart of Saint Germain €€
- Charming Tournon – a cozy 1-bedroom features original exposed beams located near Odeon €€
- The Grey Stripes – a comfortable 2-bedroom with classic Parisian details seen in exposed brick walls, beamed ceiling, and wood doors all with soft gray linens €€
- The Lodge – a gorgeous 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment close to Jardin du Luxembourg is stylized in modern Provencal décor €€€
- Assas II – a comfortable 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom family-friendly apartment close to Jardin du Luxembourg €€€€
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 6th arrondissement.
7th ARRONDISSEMENT (7e) Tour Eiffel
The seventh arrondissement is home to some of the most well-known landmarks of Paris. Eiffel Tower, Les Invalides and Museum d’Orsay all can be found here. This area of Paris also features the most elegant and chic tree-lined residential streets where the Eiffel Tower pops into view. One of the most famous food market streets in Paris, rue Cler, can also be found here.
Best Holiday Apartments in 7th Arrondissement
- Purple Grape – tiny, yet pretty 1-bedroom with a view of the Eiffel Tower €
- Chouquettes – a trendy 1-bedroom makes great use of this tiny space is located near the Eiffel Tower €€
- The Leopard – a gorgeous 1-bedroom with a view of the Eiffel Tower from a tiny terrace €€€
- Pink Lady – a cozy, yet stylish 2-bedroom in a residential area off the street level €€€
- Loops & Squares – a comfortable stylish 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom located on quiet elegant residential street €€€
- Tourville – a spacious and stylish 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartment near the Eiffel Tower €€€€
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 7th arrondissement.
18TH ARRONDISSEMENT (18e) Buttes Montmartre
The 18th arrondissement is home to the quintessential neighbourhood of Montmartre. This area of Paris feels like a village, away from the busyness of the city. The romantic narrow hilly streets around the Sacré Cœur feel like you’ve been transported back in time. Musicians come to play, artists come to draw and unfortunately, tourists come in droves. But, it’s all part of the charm.
Best Holiday Apartments in 18th Arrondissement
- The Boudoir – a playful, cheery, retro-styled 1-bedroom €€
- Monkey Business – a cozy 1-bedroom retreat in the trendy Pigalle neighbourhood €€
- The Piano Factory – a hip 1-bedroom located in a former piano factory feels like a loft space with original features €€€
- Monochrome Games – a chic black and white 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom is in a boutique hotel with 24/7 concierge service €€€
- Pinot Noir – a large 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom open concept space featuring original wood floors and mouldings €€€
Click here to do your own search for rental apartments in the 18th arrondissement.
Now that you have booked where you are going to stay in Paris, here are some guides to help plan your itinerary. Read more about…
- Jardin du Luxembourg – Paris’s most beautiful park (6e)
- 6th Arrondissement in Paris – top things to see and do (6e)
- Île Saint-Louis – top things to see and do (4e)
- Must See Streets in Paris – from the most famous to quiet streets off the beaten path
- Prettiest Parks and Hidden Gardens – from the most famous Paris parks to those off the beaten path
- Best Secret Covered Passages – where to find these covered arcades throughout Paris
As a holidaymaker…
Paris has some incredible holiday rentals. Those high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, and mouldings. Each one mixes the old with the new. Making it just…je ne sais pas…Parisian chic. I always love to stay in an apartment rental over a hotel. There is just something about coming back after a long day and relaxing in your very own space.
Hopefully, you found your next holiday rental in Paris.