35 Hidden Romantic Places in Paris
The sun rises and sets over the city of love offering endless possibilities of secret places. Beyond the well-known landmarks tucked away from the crowds lies a world of hidden romantic places in Paris waiting to be discovered.
Paris is a city that exudes romance from every corner – the cobbled streets, the historic architecture, the quaint cafés, and the charming boutiques all create a magical ambiance that’s impossible to resist.
These hidden places in Paris can equally be enjoyed by solo travellers seeking a peaceful and intimate experience with the city they love, or couples looking for a romantic getaway.
Join me on a journey as we explore the most enchanting and unforgettable hidden gems this city has to offer.
Table of Contents
5 Most Romantic Places in Paris
- The Eiffel Tower – No list of romantic places in Paris would be complete without the Eiffel Tower. The iconic symbol of Paris is the perfect spot to enjoy a breathtaking view of the city with your loved one.
- Montmartre – This charming neighborhood is known for its picturesque cobblestone streets, quaint cafés like Maison Rose and artists. The romantic ambiance of Montmartre has inspired many artists and writers, making it a must-visit place.
- Canal Saint-Martin – This picturesque canal is a hidden gem that offers a unique and romantic atmosphere. With its charming footbridges, quaint cafés, and trendy shops, Canal Saint-Martin is a place for those seeking a more intimate Parisian experience.
- The Louvre Museum – The Louvre’s stunning architecture and impressive collection of art make it a must-visit spot for art-loving travellers. The museum’s iconic pyramid is also a popular spot for romantic photos.
- The Musée Rodin – This beautiful museum is home to some of the most stunning sculptures in Paris. Its serene gardens, filled with works of art and fountains, offer a romantic and intimate setting for a stroll.
5 Most Romantic Spots in Paris
- Parc des Buttes Chaumont – This large park located in the 19th arrondissement is a local favourite. Take a romantic stroll along the scenic walking paths and enjoy the stunning views of the city from the top of the park’s iconic Temple.
- The Palais-Royal Gardens – This elegant palace garden is where artists come to sketch, poets come to write and lovers come to sit. The benches are adorned with quotes from some of the greatest philosophers, choose one and enjoy your quiet time.
- The Place des Vosges – This beautiful square is surrounded by stunning architecture, beautiful fountains, and manicured lawns, making it the perfect spot for a romantic picnic.
- The Luxembourg Gardens – This stunning garden offers a tranquil escape from the city’s bustling streets in Saint Germain. It’s the perfect spot for a romantic walk admiring the sculptures dotted throughout the park.
- The Wall of Love – This charming mural in the Montmartre neighbourhood features the words “I love you” written in over 250 languages. It’s a romantic and unexpected find, tucked away in a quiet corner of the city
5 Most Romantic Walks in Paris
- The Seine Riverbanks – A walk along the Seine Riverbanks is a must for any romantic trip to Paris. Pont Neuf and Pont Alexander iii offer stunning views of the city’s iconic landmarks, such as Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower, making for a breathtakingly romantic setting.
- The Marais – Le Marais neighbourhood is one of the most charming and romantic areas of Paris. Its winding streets, historic buildings, and quaint shops and cafés make it the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll with your loved one.
- Île Saint-Louis – This small island in the Seine River is a romantic haven in the heart of Paris. Take a walk along the Quai d’Orléans and Quai de Bourbon, and enjoy the stunning views of the river and Notre Dame Cathedral from Place Louis Aragon.
- La Promenade de Plantee – This abandoned railway line, also known as Coulée Verte René Dumont, has been transformed into a secret walking trail and hidden gardens in Paris. It’s a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle and bustle, with overgrown tracks, and glimpses of the city’s hidden neighborhoods.
- The Pont des Arts – This pedestrian bridge is famous for the “love locks” that couples place on its railings. The stunning views of the Seine River and the city’s historic buildings make it the perfect spot for a romantic stroll.
5 Hidden Romantic Places in Paris
- The Passages – These secret covered passages, located throughout the city, offer a glimpse into the Paris of the past. With their glass ceilings and charming boutiques, they’re the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll on a rainy day and some unique shopping under these arcades.
- Le Comptoir Général – This hidden bar, located in the 10th arrondissement, is tucked away behind an unassuming doorway. Inside, you’ll find a quirky and eclectic space, with vintage decor, live music, and delicious cocktails.
- Rue des Thermopyles – This hidden street, located in the 14th arrondissement, feels like a world away from the hustle and bustle of the city. With its charming cobblestone Paris streets and ivy-covered houses, it’s the perfect spot for a romantic stroll.
- The Hidden Vineyard – Located in the 18th arrondissement, the Clos Montmartre is a hidden vineyard that has been producing wine for over 80 years. This charming spot is tucked away behind a wrought-iron gate and is open to the public during the annual harvest festival in October.
- The Musée de la Vie Romantique – Located in the 9th arrondissement, is a small but enchanting museum dedicated to the Romantic period in French art and culture. One of the most romantic things to do is to enjoy a light meal in the pretty terrace garden.
5 Romantic Places near Paris
- The Albert Kahn Museum and Gardens – This stunning museum and garden offers a peaceful retreat from the city. With its tranquil Japanese gardens and serene French gardens, it’s the perfect spot to unwind and escape the crowds. (30-minute by metro)
- Palace of Versailles – This stunning palace was once the residence of the French monarchy and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains. Take a romantic stroll through the gardens and enjoy the beauty of this historic palace. (40-minute by metro)
- Village of Giverny – This charming village is home to the famous Claude Monet’s House and Gardens, which served as the inspiration for some of his most famous works of art. The gardens are filled with beautiful flowers, plants, and trees, creating a truly romantic atmosphere. (90 minutes by car)
- Reims – This romantic city is known for its UNESCO-status gothic cathedral and its champagne houses and vineyards. Take a romantic tour of the champagne houses and indulge in a glass (or bottle!) of bubbly with your loved one. The picturesque vineyards surrounding the city also provide a beautiful backdrop for a romantic stroll or picnic. (30-minutes by high-speed train)
- Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte – This impressive castle boasts beautiful French-style gardens that are perfect for a romantic stroll. The castle itself is a masterpiece of architecture and is beautifully lit up at night, making it the perfect place for a romantic evening walk. (90-minutes by train)
5 Most Romantic Experiences for Couples
- Seine River Sightseeing Cruise with Dinner – check prices and book your dates
- Sightseeing Panoramic Night Bus Tour – check prices and book your dates
- Moulin Rouge Cabaret Show Ticket with Champagne – check prices and book your dates
- Eiffel Tower Direct Access and Optional Summit Access – check prices and book your dates
- Eiffel Tower’s Madame Brasserie Refined Dinner – check prices and book your dates
5 Most Romantic Restaurants in Paris
- Le Jules Verne – Located on the Eiffel Tower, this Michelin-starred restaurant offers stunning views of the city, with a menu that features classic French dishes with a modern twist.
- Lapérouse – This historic restaurant, located in the 6th arrondissement, dates back to the 18th century and is filled with old-world charm. With its cozy nooks and candlelit tables, it’s the perfect spot for a romantic dinner.
- Le Cinq – This Michelin-starred restaurant, located in the Four Seasons Hotel George V, offers exquisite French cuisine in an elegant setting. With its crystal chandeliers and plush furnishings, it’s a truly luxurious dining experience.
- Chez L’Ami Jean – This cozy bistro, located in the 7th arrondissement, serves up hearty Basque cuisine in a convivial atmosphere. With its wooden tables and lively ambiance, it’s the perfect spot for a fun and relaxed date night.
- Les Ombres – Located on the rooftop of the Musée du Quai Branly, this restaurant offers stunning views of the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River. With its contemporary cuisine and stylish decor, it’s the perfect spot for a romantic evening.
What is the most romantic place in Paris?
Paris is full of romantic places, but it’s hard to pick just one! Some of the most enchanting places include Montmartre, Parc Monceau, and the Eiffel Tower.
Where to kiss in Paris?
Paris offers plenty of romantic spots for a kiss! Try the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Pont des Arts bridge, or the gardens of the Musée Rodin.
How to spend a romantic evening in Paris?
Spend a romantic evening in Paris by taking a stroll along the Seine River, watching the sunset from the steps of the Sacré-Cœur and enjoying a candlelit dinner in Montmartre.
What are some date ideas in Paris?
Some date ideas for Paris include a boat ride along the Seine, watching the sunset from the steps of the Sacré-Cœur, and enjoying a candlelit dinner.
More Paris Inspiration
For all my Paris articles (and there’s a lot!) head to my Europe Travel page, where you’ll see the full list including France. You’ll also have access to all the best travel resources for booking your accommodations, flights and other travel needs you might have.
If you LOVE EUROPEAN TRAVEL or planning a TRIP TO EUROPE, subscribe to my website! I will share my love of Europe with you, along with travel planning tips and inspiration. And, you’ll get a FREE gift for signing up – 30 Bucketlist Places in Europe! Join, and let’s be travel friends!
As a Holidaymaker
The city of love, is full of hidden places in Paris that are sure to steal your heart. From iconic landmarks to hidden gems in Paris, I hope you enjoyed discovering some of the most enchanting and romantic places in Paris.