The secret is out, everyone is flocking to Prince Edward County (PEC or as the locals call it, The County). And, why not – with so many wineries, breweries, eateries, boutique shops and galleries, it’s got the attention of many. PEC has quickly become a sought-after destination for a quick getaway as it’s only a couple hours east of Toronto and couple hours west of Ottawa. With a growing popularity, comes a high demand for accommodation, so let me share a cute, yet affordable Airbnb called The Coach House with you.
The Coach House is a small property that sits adjacent to a century home in a quiet residential area in Picton. Both are Airbnb properties. There’s no mistaking The Coach House. This cedar clad house is painted an array of colours, and is as cheerful as it looks. The modern, funky aesthetic of the exterior is carried through to its interior too.
There’s a lovely backyard with a private terrace and gardens. It’s the perfect spot to unwind in the evening with glass of wine.
The Coach House is also dog-friendly, so this was the perfect size lot for our dog to roam around in.
Let’s tour inside The Coach House shall we…
The décor is eclectic. It’s a mix of modern and vintage design, that someone has carefully sourced from local thrift and antique markets.
The space at The Coach House is essentially one large open space. It includes a lounge area, a long live edge counter top with stools, separating the sitting area from the kitchen. At the back of property is the bedroom with a queen sized bed and a walkout to the terrace and backyard. It’s all the space a couple needs for a short stay.
As a holidaymaker…
Here are a little extras for you when you are in Prince Edward County. Check out the top things to do while in The County.
- Location – The Coach House is located in Picton. It’s a 5 minute walk to the main street in Picton. A 10 minute drive to Bloomfield and 15 minute drive to Sandbanks Provincial Park
- Where to sip – Hinterland Wine Company, Grange of Prince Edward Vineyards, Closson Chase Vineyards, The Old Third Vineyard, Karlo Estates, Casa Dea, Norman Hardie, Waupoos Estates and Winery
- Where to cheers – Barley Days Brewery, Parsons Brewing Company, 555 Brewing, The County Cider Company, Lake on the Mountain Brewing Company
- Where to eat – The Drake Devonshire, East & Main Bistro, The Vic Café, The Miller House Café & Brasserie, Jamie Kennedy Farm, The Marans
- Where to get your morning coffee – Enid Grace Culinary, Beacon Bike and Brew, The Bean Counter & Café, Picnic Café